All are welcome to attend and ask questions at the public meeting at The Hideaway, 7pm June 29th. The panel, which will be chaired by journalist and transport expert Christian Wolmar, comprises:
- Sian Berry, Green Party London Assembly member, former mayoral candidate and transport campaigner
- Caroline Pidgeon, Lib-Dem London Assembly member and Chair of Transport Committee;
- Cllr Jennifer Brathwaite, Labour Lambeth Cabinet Member for Transport;
- The Community Engagement Team representative for Gatwick Airport, representing "Only Gatwick Can";
- David Joyce, Director of Planning, Development and Transport, Lambeth Council;
- Neil Salt, Chair, Streatham Action Transport.
We'll also hear how Crossrail 2 can facilitate transport links to Gatwick via what will then be a new transport hub for south London at Streatham.
The bulk of the meeting will be taken up by answering questions from the floor and receiving responses from the panel members to comments received in advance from local residents on the Streatham Action website.
The Hideaway is at 2 Empire Mews, Streatham, London, SW16 2BF.