Streatham Food Festival is almost here and they are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help run it.
There is a mouth-watering feast of events on offer including tours, markets, workshops, demonstrations - and of course lots of food. Sustainable eating is a strong theme this year with a Good Food Day, waste food pop-up restaurant and food growing sessions.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a local festival, gain event experience, have fun and discover more about the incredible food on your doorstep.
WHEN WOULD YOU BE NEEDED?
Sometime between 12 July and 11 August AND / OR one, two or all three of...
Friday 16 August, shifts between 5.30pm - 10pm
Saturday 17 August, shifts between 8am - 11pm
Sunday 18 August, shifts between 8am - 6pm
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
You would be the friendly face of the festival, talking to and helping event goers. Roles would include:
- FOOD TOUR GUIDE, encouraging people to join in, distributing info, directing to restaurants. Need to be outgoing and a good communicator.
- EVENT ASSISTANT, setting up, clearing up and dressing venues, helping with H&S aspects, welcoming visitors. Need to be organised and practical.
- COMMUNICATOR writing content for the website, supporting PR activities, spreading the word online, photographing events. Need to have lots of initiative and strong communication skills.
- STEWARD, directing event goers, answering questions from public, overseeing event space. Need to enjoy working in a team, be approachable and responsible.
- DISTRIBUTOR of flyers during run-up to festival - to local businesses, community groups, Streatham Festival and Lambeth Country Show.
WHAT WOULD YOU GET OUT OF IT?
You would be a valued member of the team delivering the festival and you would gain:
- Valuable event and communications experience
- The chance to give something positive to your local community and to support your local high street
- The opportunity to meet other committed people
- A free meal if you’re working 4+ hours
- Free Divine chocolate!
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you are interested in getting involved or would like to find out more please contact Ben Spencer on:
noneother (at) hotmail.co.uk
07870 570 561